Brother is one of the biggest names in the world of the printer. The company manufactures different series of the printer according to the usage and demand of consumers. These printers are almost compatible with every Operating System. But like other technical devices, brother printers also face issues and errors. And to fix such issues, you need to take help from the expert team via the toll-free number. The printer Fuser error or self diagnose error is one of the issues that appear in Brother Laser Printer as well as in other devices.
Message Fuser Error or Self-Diagnostic indicates that the fuser unit is getting too hot, too cold, or is not heating up fast enough as it should be. It is a mechanical malfunction of the Brother machine. To fix the error, you need to follow this blog until the end. In this blog, we have shared all the information and details regarding this error message.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Brother printer Fuser or Self-diagnostic error.
To fix the error, Fuser Error or Self-Diagnostic error machine will restart in 15 minutes. You need to first restart and then reset the machine. To do so, follow the below-given instructions very carefully.
Method 1 Reboot the printer
- First of all, turn the printer off by pressing the power button.
- Now, remove the power cord from the back of the device as well as from the power outlet.
- Wait for few minutes to cool down the device.
- After that, reconnect the power cable back to the device and power outlet.
- A restart will often resolve many other errors.
- Now press and hold down the Power key to turn the machine on.
- If the machine display’s Ready, the problem is resolved.
- If the message Fuser Error or Self Diagnostic Error continues to appear, leave the machine on for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, try powering the machine off and on again.
- After a restart, check for the error message. If the error still exists, follow the next step to remove the error.
Method 2. Reset the Printer to factory settings
Resetting can be serious, so before resetting please make sure that you have saved all the important settings. To know more about it, contact the printer support team. Read More: How To Update Brother Printer Driver In Mac PC?
- To reset the printer, find the reset button. Usually located at the back or the bottom of the device.
- Turn the router ON and with the help of a pin or endpin paper clip press and hold the reset button. You need to hold if for about 10 seconds.
- Wait for the indicator light to turn OFF and turn on again or depending on the model of the device.
- Now remove the pin from the reset button, the printer will be reset to the factory settings.
- After reset, check for the error message.
Does the error still persist? If yes, then we suggest you take help from the Brother Printer tech support team. The support team is available 24x7 at your service. To contact, dial the toll-free number +(1)-844-489-7268.